How We Helped
Nahanni was asked to participate in this project based on our work on the safe and effective Dementia Care Facility in Yellowknife, experience that we were able to apply in the successful completion of this project, on time and on budget.
After coming to an agreement with the client to move forward, Nahanni arrived on site within 10 days while simultaneously sending out a core group of Nahanni supervisors and managers to source labour and skilled trades from Grande Prairie and nearby communities. Identifying and training a new workforce for a single job might take considerable time and effort, but they pay off in the long-term by reducing lost time and employee injuries on the worksite.
In addition, measures like completing construction of all concrete structural assemblies before the snow fell and constructing the water, sewer, and storm systems using our own certified labour helped Nahanni to cut costs by reducing the need for outside contractors.
- Nahanni mobilized on site within 10 days of project approval.
- The finished project will included 120 continuing care beds in Grande Prairie.
- Nahanni undertook all water, sewer, and storm drain work for this project.
- This is Nahanni’s first project south of the 60th parallel.
- Nahanni sourced most skilled trades and labour locally for this project.
- Nahanni did all fabrication, welding, and erection of structural steel components at an onsite fabrication area.